Extracts are defined as water-soluble paste or powders.
Seagarden Marine Extracts are all made from the liquid phase after the boiling process. The water soluble parts from the fish or shellfish are undergoing a separation step and the clean extract, containing water soluble peptides, nucleotides and pure amino acids, is then evaporated to a liquid (40 % DM) or further to a paste (70 % DM). Some liquids or pastes are further spray dried to a powder. Normal carrier added to the extracts are salt (NaCl) before processing.
Main characteristics of Seagarden Marine Extracts
• Particle size for spray dried extract powders <200 micron
• Instant soluble in water
• Salt normally used as carrier
• The extract powders are hygroscopic
• Natural declaration
• Typical shelf life for extract paste is 12 months at max. 20 degrees C (68 degrees F)
• Typical shelf life for extract powder is >24 months at max. 20 degrees C (68 degrees F)